A leadership summit to bring together youth leaders to explore common humanity, develop leadership skills and address concerns for the future. The Summit aims to provide young people with a foundation of integrity and compassionate leadership training as they discover their direction and seek to contribute to positive solutions to their personal and global families, communities and natural world.
- Free leadership summit
- Lodging and meals provided by Stone Canyon Outdoor EdVentures
- Daily transportation to Cherokee Ranch and Castle, where the Youth Leadership Summit is hosted
- Proven leadership curriculum from Colorado State University
- Facilitated discussions on current issues
- Youth led cultural presentations
- Exploration of service learning opportunities and commitment to a community project
- Sharing of culture and experience with peers and local high schools
- Public celebration of cultures
Who should apply?
- Young Leaders aged 15-18 years old (if outside that range, please contact Lauren)
- Young Leaders who can commit to attending Friday, Saturday and Sunday sessions. We recognize that for those of you not in Douglas County, you will have school on Friday, October 18. Please let us know if this applies to you.
- Young Leaders who want to discuss current issues with other teens from the Denver area and Native Reservations to work on solutions together.
Partners: Tipi Raisers, Douglas County-Colorado State University Extension, Cherokee Ranch & Castle Foundation, Douglas County School District
Questions? Contact Lauren.
APPLY HERE – DEADLINE TO APPLY IS SEPTEMBER 25, 2019
+ Google Calendar
18 Oct 2019 - 20 Oct 2019
12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Stone Canyon Outdoor EdVentures