About Denver Urban Gardens (DUG) Works together with Denver residents to cultivate gardeners, grow food and nourish community. DUG offers neighborhoods the essential resources for community gardens, including ongoing technical expertise with:
- securing sustainable land for gardens;
- designing and building gardens;
- supporting garden organization, leadership, outreach and maintenance;
- utilizing gardens as extraordinary places for learning and healthy living; and
- linking gardens with related local food system projects and policy.
They operate over 165 community gardens throughout Metro Denver, including more than 40 school-based community gardens – you will be helping build and prepare a BRAND NEW school garden!
What would I be doing? Finishing up pathways and planting perennials. All tools and gloves will be supplied for you to use. Just make sure you wear closed-toe shoes and clothes you don’t mind getting dirty! Bring sunscreen, a hat and sunglasses since you will be working outside. Snacks and water provided, but it’s a good idea to bring a water bottle too.
Questions? Email Lauren.
Are you in? Sign up here.
+ Google Calendar
22 Jun 2017
8:45 AM - 12:00 PM