“Every milestone & summit brings our Young Leaders closer to who they are meant to be.” (Nicole, CYL Founder).
From Lincoln, climbers descend down to a saddle, hike the ridge, and ascend to the peak of Mt. Bross; the last, rewarding summit of the loop. Here is where our students complete their Apex project, the final internship, program, or student-designed project that articulates who they are and the legacy they want to leave for the world.
Milestones to the summit
1. Young Leaders regularly attend Monthly Leadership Exploration Meetings & engage in discussions with their Chapter and adult Summit Guide through our student portal.
2. Our Young Leaders have a clear understanding of their own core values, as demonstrated in their Leadership Legacy Statement.
3. Young Leaders put their LLS into the action in his or her community through their Legacy Project
4. Young Leaders have completed at least 200 hours of community service by the summit of this climb.
5. Finish Apex Legacy Project.
What is a Summit Project (SP)?
We believe our Young Leaders is becoming the new generation of community changer. Our Summit Projects (SP) are student-designed opportunities to partner with a local non-profit and to work in cohorts of 3-8 peers and/or adults in order to make positive change in the community. We believe committing time to a Summit Project will allow our Young Leaders a chance to work as a team to develop leadership skills and more authentic understanding of self, others, & our community through volunteering. We believe Summit Projects lead to writing meaningful legacies with our lives in high school.
Bross SP: What will your legacy be in your high school years? Let this Apex project be part of it!