The goal of our program is for high school students to figuratively reach a total of four mountain summits, named after Fairplay Colorado’s Decalibron Loop, during their high school years before they graduate. In order for students to advance from one summit to another, students must complete a set amount of leadership themes and volunteer hours while proving that this work is positively impacting their critical thinking skills. Experiential or service learning is at the core of everything we do. This work is done in a group with students from different high schools to form a chapter. As chapters exceed a certain size than a new chapter is formed to ensure our students are receiving the appropriate support. Today, we have chapters in Denver, Arapahoe, Douglas County with the recent expansion to Colorado Springs. A Summit County chapter will begin this summer. A Jefferson County chapter is scheduled to be open later this year.
Our Young Leaders focus on social good, giving back, living outside their comfort zones, developing the beauty that exist in their communities, and taking risks that benefit others – it’s a leadership style that brings out the best in all of us! Come explore a new way to lead with us!
LEARN ABOUT EACH SUMMIT
LEADERSHIP SKILLS DEVELOPMENT
CYL offers students an abundance of opportunities to progress through their four summits. Students who actively engage in our Leadership Exploration Meetings, Service Adventures, and Brave Tracks opportunities find success navigating their way through our Leadership Development Process, which results in positively impacting both their communities and their own personal character!
Leadership Exploration Meetings (LEM)
Service Adventures (SA)
Individual Service Opportunities
|• Metro Denver Chapter Location|
(Central Chapter launching soon!)
• Learn from a Theme-Based
• Listen to Community Speakers
• Discuss Relevant Issues and
Courses of Action with your peers
• Connect with High School
Students from Various Schools
|• Volunteering is our way of exploring|
• We offer Service Adventures
all over Colorado
• Engage in service, adventure,
• Serve in a fun and meaningful way
• Custom Designed Service Learning Days for schools
• Opportunity to partner clubs, grades or entire school with our non profit partners
• We do the work, your students benefit
• Student Leaders are equipped in co-leading this day with us.
|• Volunteer with a Local Non-profit|
• Opportunities to earn your 50 Democrat Hours; locate your Mt. Cameron commitment; and complete your Mt. Lincoln & Bross summits.
• Build your resume, look for jobs & training
• Track Your Progress, Know your Impact
• Work your Way through the Summits & Develop your Apex Project